Reading Room Hours
Monday – Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday evening: 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Our spacious Reading Room is currently located in our church building at 18301 102nd Ave NE. Everyone is invited to this bright and open space, which is a quiet place to pray, refresh your thought, and find healing. Come find a comfortable place to ask questions and learn about spiritual healing. A librarian will be glad to help you!
What is a Reading Room?
A Reading Room is a place to read the Bible and Christian Science literature. Christian Science Reading Rooms were established for the sale of Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. This book has sold over 10 million copies and contains 100 pages of verified healings in the chapter called “Fruitage.”
Today there are numerous resources available for study or purchase.
Available for study or purchase:
- Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy
- Other writings by Mary Baker Eddy
- Variety of research materials on the Bible
- Christian Science periodicals: The Christian Science Journal, Christian Science Sentinel, The Herald of Christian Science, El Heraldo de la Ciencia Cristiana – the Spanish Herald edition
- The Christian Science Quarterly Weekly Bible Lessons
- Weekly news magazine, The Christian Science Monitor
- Computer research tools
- Internet access to aid visitors in their spiritual study
- Large selection of CDs of inspirational music and testimonies of healings available for sale or listening.
- Learn about Christian Science – a prayer-based system of healing, based on the spiritual laws at the heart of the Scriptures and the teachings of Christ Jesus.
- Learn about the Discover and Founder of Christian Science, Mary Baker Eddy, through biographies and her autobiographical works. Mary Baker Eddy was a life-long Bible student with a remarkable body of verified healing work. Mrs. Eddy was a writer, teacher, publisher, founder of a world-wide church and of The Christian Science Monitor newspaper.
For more information on Mary Baker Eddy, go to www.marybakereddylibrary.org.
- Become acquainted with the Christian Science Bible Lessons through our dual pastor, the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, written by Mary Baker Eddy. Weekly Bible Lessons, comprised of selections from the Bible and Science and Health, provide for daily individual study and serve as the Sunday sermons for Christian Science church services worldwide. To view the Bible Lesson go to www.christianscience.com and at the menu select Publications and Activities, then scroll down to Bible Lessons or go “here”.
- Learn how Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures opens up the Word of the Bible as a divine Science of laws that bring healing, redemption, and restoration to individual lives and to the wider world. It enriches faith with a deeper understanding of God and of our inseparability from God’s boundless love.
- Read the award winning The Christian Science Monitor, covering the world in print and on-line with impartial reporting. Mary Baker Eddy writes: “The object of the Monitor is to injure no man, but to bless all mankind.” — Miscellany, p. 353.
To read The Christian Science Monitor, go to csmonitor.com.
- Explore the weekly Christian Science Sentinel containing articles on timely topics highlighting how others are praying about concerns in their individual lives and the world. The Sentinel also contains verified letters of healing by those healed of a wide range of problems people deal with in today’s world.
- Read the Christian Science Journal, a monthly publication featuring in-depth articles giving inspiring examples of effective prayer for our ourselves and our world and testimonies of healing by those healed.
Get in touch!